Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ev.-Augsb. church records of Ilów, Sochaczew county, PL

Worth Anderson worth_a at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 12:23:07 PDT 2011

I also did some research in the Ilow Evangelical-Augsburg records at the Grodzisk archives in 2009.  It is about an hour train ride on a local line from Warsaw.  It was a nice facility with plenty of desks and a very friendly, professional and helpful staff.  However, it had limited opening hours, so it was good to get there right when they opened, and ideally to already know from the online catalog the information needed to pull records so one could work efficiently to do as much as possible in the time available.  I was working with records from the 1850s, which were in good shape.  They are not available on microfilm from the Family History Library.

Worth Anderson