[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kolo Village names

Christian Lucht christianlucht at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 16 12:29:13 PDT 2011

Hello Doug,
Lipie Gory is one of the oldest villages in the former Babiak parish. It was
found prior to 1780. Back then it was called Lipia Gora. Under the German
occupation during WW2 it was named Lindenberg or Liebguhren. Although the
parish was Babiak it used to have its own "Bethaus" where church services
were held. They also used to have a lutheran cemetery and a "Kantorat"
(their own church musician). In 1798 there was a German-Evangelical school
in use which later got closed again. The political municipality in 1939 was
Czolowo, Kolo district.
It just so happened that I got to visit this village a week ago. You can
still find some older houses and farm buildings there. An older man was
trying to explainto me  where the cemetery used to be but I couldn´t find
it. He was also talking about some old monument still existing.
The names I have in that village are WOLTER and KRÜGER around 1806 till
after 1864.
Hope this helpes for now.
Christian Lucht