[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] pronunciation of SGGEE

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 25 12:12:12 PDT 2011

Interesting.  I vaguely recall the squeegee reference from many years ago when it was phrased more as a question than a statement.   But the more common usage has been es-gee.

Makes one wonder how such a reference makes its way to various Internet pages.  The earliest on line source for that list which I could find was in the Desert Dwellers Digest, September 2009, out of Bullhead City, Arizona - quick everyone - where the heck is that?  It is attributed to someone by the name of Diane Haddad who writes for Family Tree Magazine but it was not published in that magazine until July 2010.

I'm wondering if someone with the initials D.O. didn't have something to do with it.  <grin>

Jerry