[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Hugenot Society in Germany

PnSWork at aol.com PnSWork at aol.com
Mon Jun 27 21:36:48 PDT 2011

There were indeed quite a few Huguenots who settled in various parts of
Germany.  Although I am not affiliated with the German Huguenot Society, I  am
aware of two villages in Baden-Wurtemberg that were founded by Huguenots
when  they were driven from France.  One was called Friedrichstal, in honor of
 Duke Friedrich of Baden, who welcomed them to the area (near Karlsruhe).
It is now part of the municipality of Stutensee (my ancestors came from
Spöck,  also part of Stutensee now).  The other village was called Pinache, and
was  located near Pforzheim in Wurtemberg.  I believe that you will find
Huguenot villages all over Germany.

To try and locate the actual village that your family came from, you can do
 a search of the on-line German phone book to see where your name turns up
in any  appreciable number.

Good luck!

    -Paul

In a message dated 6/27/2011 9:43:51 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,