[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ordering EWZ records

Beatrix Hughes beatrix at telus.net
Tue Mar 8 11:16:33 PST 2011

I want to order an EWZ film but I'm having some real trouble with the number. I don't know why it has gotten me so stuck. I used to be a reasonably intelligent person before I started this family tree project. Now after figuring out all the partitions of Poland and squinting at Russian marriage records my brain is stuck.

Here is my problem: I want to order the film A3342 EWZ 50 E003. What is throwing me off is that it has the title EWZ Index for Misc Films 96 (E.Wise)

1. What does 96 mean?
2. Am I correct in assuming that FHL does not have any of the 50 films?
3. Does E. Wise have these films?
4. In your experience is it better to order the film or pay a researcher in Maryland to get the copy.

Thanks