[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re Ordering EWZ records

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 8 11:57:29 PST 2011

Hi....

1. Ignore the 96, the film you want is A3342 EWZ50 E003.  The E003 refers to the film number within the series. From Kistner to Klass, more or less.

2. FHL does not have the EWZ50 films.

3. Does E. Wise have the film? I don't know. But others might have a copy.

4. I believe I have accessed EWZ records in every way possible. I own more than 100 of them. My preference, in order:
a. Go to College Park and look at them there. (Most expensive.)
b. Buy them. (Also expensive.)
c. Get them through FHL (does not apply to EWZ50)
d. Get copies from people in Maryland. (Quality varies.)
e. Go to the Bundesarchiv in Berlin. (Actual paper documents, really cool to hold, but oh the bureaucracy. And expensive.)

Odds are you will ultimately need more than one film, because one will offer clues to other families, and so on.

Dave Obee
Victoria