[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re Gustav Friedrich Sturm

Albert Muth albertmuth734 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 09:48:07 PDT 2011

You have a lot of good information to start with.  I will only work with the
birthplace and where the records for it are found.

There is only one Jankenwalde in East Prussia, and yes, it was near
Rastenburg, in that district (Kreis).

It is in the Lutheran parish of Barten, also the Standesamt (civil
registration).  The church records have been filmed by LDS from 1743-1944
and appear to be complete.
The older version of the library catalog is at
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp (I find that
it is friendlier to use).  At "place search", just
type in Barten, and it will be the first one.
Al Muth