[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lipjanin Katarina and Dehnik Gnat from Kustrawa (Poland)

Earl.Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Sun May 22 23:21:51 PDT 2011

Serhiy, I am not sure where Kustrawa is but generally records less than 100
years old in Poland are retained in the Municipal Offices.  The Church may
also have a copy.  After 100 years, the records are sent to the Archives.
To access the Municipal Records you must prove direct relationship to the
person (although some offices are less strict).  I have been advised to work
through their Embassy to obtain copies although I don't see why one couldn't
write directly to them.  Also, years ago I wrote to the Archives to obtain
my grandfather's death record and the Archives contacted the Municipal
Offices to obtain a copy and then sent that to me.  That seems strange to me
but it did happen.

I was also told by the Rypin town office that the cost from them was about
21 Zl but if ordered from outside Poland the cost would be about $40 US.
each!!

If a copy is available through EZAB (Berlin Evangelical Archives) you can
obtain copies of documents up to about 1928 and the cost is much less and
they are faster.

You may want to check this website for the location of Polish records.  It
is how I found that the records were in the Municipal Office.

http://www.jewishgen.org/jri-pl/jriplweb.htm

Earl

Message: 2