[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] name variation spellings

Nelson Itterman colnels at shaw.ca
Mon May 23 15:10:58 PDT 2011

Hi:
I think the people doing the extraction were doing the best they could. What
you must remember is that many people in those years did not know
how to read or write. They would say their name but did not how to spell it.
The person doing the recording guessed at the spelling and wrote what they
heard.
Nelson