[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] LODZ ?? Parish

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Sun May 29 23:52:26 PDT 2011

Eveline,

I would suggest looking at Jerry Frank's maps of Russian Poland and Volhynia at http://www.sggee.org/research/village_maps#PolandandVolhyniaMaps in locate Lodz and Dabie.

Lodz was/in a large city in central Poland.  Dabie is a town about 50-60 kilometers north west of Lodz.  Each had a Evangelical/Lutheran church.  People from surrounding villages would have attended these churches, and we  sometimes we referred to people from these areas as being within Lodz parish, (or whatever church we may be discussing).

People from Borki would probably attended Dabie church, (Dabie parish).

Someone else will have to answer your question about  Livie - Rowno/Rovno as I do not have experience in this area.

Rose Ingram