[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gottlieb Dillmann

DANWWAGNER at aol.com DANWWAGNER at aol.com
Mon May 30 09:54:55 PDT 2011

I am  seeking the first member of my family who started our chain
migration,  a Gottlieb Dillmann (Tillmann, Dielman, etc.) from the  Retowka/Olganowka
area of Rozyszcze Parish, Volhynia.  When my grandfather Gustav Wagner
came over in February 1910, he was joining a cousin Gottlieb Delman (spelling
unclear) on Carmen Avenue in Chicago.  The 1910 Census shows Gottlieb
Dillmann (“German Polish” born about 1890;  immigrated in 1905) at that address
with other boarders Gustav, Christian, and  Johann Dillmann.  But, I cannot
find  any of these Dillmanns back in Volhynia or in US records other  than
the 1910 Census, despite using various spellings of the name.  Any
suggestions?  Thanks!  Dan  Wagner