[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Russian? Cyrillic

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Wed Nov 2 08:44:25 PDT 2011

Am 02.11.2011 16:03, schrieb Mhairi Patterson:
> Can anyone tell me what the third letter is?
>

> Mhairi Patterson

Hello Mhairi,
yes, it is Russian Cyrillic and the letter is a Russian d:

    /?????????? /= Radayskovo/
    /

...whatever it may mean.
There is no town or village Radaisk or Radansk in Eastern Europe and even in the Cyrillic spelling, I couldn't google
any event.
Does it possibly mean the German surname RATTAY? The -ovo suffixe marks the genitive and "?????????? ?????" could mean
"of the RATTAY family".
Rattay [Rataje] was also a village in the Wirsitz district, Posen province, Prussia, at East 17°14' North 53°15'.

Günther