[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Russian? Cyrillic

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Wed Nov 2 09:15:34 PDT 2011

Am 02.11.2011 16:44, schrieb Günther Böhm:
> Rattay [Rataje] was also a village in the Wirsitz district, Posen province, Prussia, at East 17°14' North 53°15'.

I forgot to send my last message as Unicode (UTF-8).
Here it is once more:

    Hello Mhairi,
    yes, it is Russian Cyrillic and the letter is a Russian d:

        /Радаискаго /= Radayskovo/
        /

    ...whatever it may mean.
    There is no town or village Radaisk or Radansk in Eastern Europe and even in the Cyrillic spelling, I couldn't
    google any event.
    Does it possibly mean the German surname RATTAY? The -ovo suffixe marks the genitive and "Радаискаго семьи" could
    mean "of the RATTAY family".
    Rattay [Rataje] was also a village in the Wirsitz district, Posen province, Prussia, at East 17°14' North 53°15'.

And I should complement: There is another little group of Rataj in southeastern Poland some 3 km northeast of Janów
Lubelski:

    Rataj Ordynacki,
    Rataj Poduchowny and
    Wólka Ratajska