[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] diacritics

marmel marmel at pctcnet.net
Sat Nov 5 08:19:45 PDT 2011

It seems in posts typed with international character alphabet letters
(diacritics), all I can read is: ???? (question marks), as in example of the
recent post below.  Is this the same for everyone reading the SGGEE mailing
list?

    > 2. Re: Russian? Cyrillic (Stefan D?sterh?ft)
    > you may have confused some people which is why I would like to add:
    > the pronunciation applies to '?' *in this case only* (being part of
    > the ending -???, -??? or -???).

Is there a way for the listserve to recognize the diacritics?  If not, would
posters consider using an approximately close latin character instead so as
not to lose the meaning of the post? (I'm not trying to criticize anyone, as
I really love diacritics which make a language so beautiful.)  Sadly the
characters are not coming through in the posts and the listserve may not be
diacritic friendly.

Any suggestions how to improve the posts?

Linda in WI