[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] encoding/diacritics

marmel marmel at pctcnet.net
Sun Nov 6 15:46:36 PST 2011

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!  I have made sure my endoding is
set to Unicode (UTF-8), but I am still unable to read past posts with the
diactrics.  The character encoding in Windows Mail under 'Format/Encoding'
gives me 30 options, and I've tried opening with 11 different of those
encoding options, but all I can still see is ??? for diacritics.  Sorry to
trouble you, but am I the only one having this problem?

My interent provider is a private telephone company (since I live in a
remote, rural area without access to the big internet provides), so maybe
that is the problem?  Wish I was a computer geek to figure this all out,
sigh.

Linda in Wisconsin