[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 102, Issue 13

redheadartiste@gmail.com redheadartiste at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 17:54:25 PST 2011

Hi Linda,

I just recently sent mine in and also would like to compare results with others once I receive them.

JennifeR K. Walker
Redheadartiste at gmail.com
Researching:  Schlender, Steinke, Zindler, Naderschanske, Klemke, Heinemann, Kraft, Schultz, Schmit, Krueger, Riskau

 From: marmel <marmel at pctcnet.net> To: ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 11:14 PM Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] DNA genetics - 2 question topics

Q1: Anyone else out there of Haplogroup J2b1a (mutation 16278T in HVR1)?

Q2: mutation 8839R - Is it a gene recombination when the mutation is letter R (rather than T, C, G, or A), and is a gene recombination the same thing as cross-over meiosis?? (Is chromosomal crossing over also known as recombination?)? Does recombination only occur when one inherits the exact same marker from both mt and Y and the markers match up at the same location and thereby cross over?? Please, if anyone can explain it to me I'd be greatfull.? Wish I was a geneticist to understand it all.

I have my full mt-DNA genomic sequence for HVR1, HVR2, & CR.? If anyone wants to compare, just email me direct at:? marmel at pctcnet.net? If we match we had a common ancestor about 12 generations back.? I think I remember reading that matches with Family Finder have a common ancestor about 6 generations back (GGGGgrandparents).? I have not paid for Family Finder yet.? Waiting to see what develops next in the DNA genealogy field.

Linda in WI