[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Josephow & Lugardia

Paul Rakow rakow at ifh.de
Thu Nov 24 13:08:57 PST 2011

   Hello Sieg,

       Hello neighbour! My great-grandparents, Otto Radke and Wilhelmine
  geb Sagert probably lived in Lugardia in 1909, just before they
  emigrated to Canada.

        Most of the documents I've found for this family say they
  were from Zwill, or Swill, or other variants on Zwiahel, the old
  Polish name for  Novohrad-Volynskyi; but on their homestead papers
  it names the village  Lugardia.

        However, I'm not sure I can help you much, I haven't got any
  Volhynian documentation on the family after the St Pete records end.
  In the 1880s the Radkes lived further East in Volhynia, so I'm
  not sure when or why they moved to the Novohrad-Volynskyi area.

           Paul Rakow
           rakow at ifh.de