[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lange in "Prussia"

karlann at juno.com karlann at juno.com
Fri Nov 25 08:18:29 PST 2011

Clinton Ehlert wrote:
   "  Weiss Gottfried 13 Nov 1885 Rozyszcze Antonoffka
    Lange Rosine 1897692/1 583 1212 85 years ; wife Rosine Lange ; born ?Zopzungub West Prussia

Here Is what information i got about My third great grandparents . Maybe you Gunther or someoneese maybe ablet to make out where this Village was in west prussia ."
Perhaps Lange is a common name, but I also  have an ancestor named Eva Rosina Lange who died in the village of Zawady, near Belchatow, (now Poland; at the time "Russia") on 27 September 1849.  (Her descendants moved to Rozyhschke in the 1860's). Her death record states she was 58 years old and was  born in Lantoja in Prussia, the daughter of Bogumil Langert. I thus estimate that she was born around 1791 in Lantoja.
I have not had success in locating Lantoja, Prussia. LIke Clifton, I would appreciate help in locating this village. I realize that her death record was written in Polish (and have the scan of the film), and that therefore the German name of the village may be different.
Karla Walters