[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Canadian immigration records question

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 29 15:47:54 PST 2011

Gary

I have been using the B.C. Archives site since it went online in January 1997. It is of course listed on my CanGenealogy site.

I asked for clarification of "Vancouver BC Archives.gov." That reference made no sense to me. The B.C. Archives are in Victoria, not Vancouver. They don't have "Vancouver" in the name. A pure ".gov" suffix, without a further suffix, can only be used by a government agency in the United States. The B.C. Archives site does not have death certificates; it has references to death registration forms.

Dieter could have been referring to the Vancouver B.C. archives, which has material online, and has both "Vancouver" and "archives" in its web address. But it still would not work as a Canadian address, not with that ".gov." So I wanted to know what he meant. (If there is a new source for B.C. vital stats, I'd like to know!)

In any event, he has confirmed to me that yes, it was the B.C. Archives site that he was referring to.

Dave