[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Chicago

Sue Eipert seipert at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 08:44:56 PDT 2011

Kenneth (and all),

I'm starting a new thread related to the Chicago part of your message.

Where in Chicago was your grandfather born?

I'm always interested in hearing about Germans from Poland that
immigrated to Chicago. My grandmother Anna Kopp came there from near
Chodecz (powiat of Włocławek) to join her brother. My grandfather Johann
Radtke came to Chicago from Crimea to join his cousin, Wilhelm Radtke,
who had just arrived from Poland (he was born in the Plock area).

They were married by Pastor Martin P.F. Doermann at Zion Evangelical
Lutheran Church in 1905, and their first four children (including my
father) were born there.

I have addresses for them and some relatives as well as the church; they
are all in the areas of Chicago called South Chicago or East Side.

Susan Radtke Eipert
seipert2 at gmail.com