[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Edward Schinski and Pauline Striker

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 6 22:23:12 PDT 2011

John,

There is only one Striker individual mentioned in Volhynian records - a death way back in 1877.

There are records of a Schinschke family in the same region.  This includes an Edmund born 7 Aug 1890.  That birth date could fit your Edward but additional research would be needed to determine if it was the same person.

See the extractions at http://www.sggee.org/research/PublicDatabases.html

Use [Schins] as a search input to bring up results with various spellings.  Striker could be Stryker / Streiker / Strueker but the only match did come up as Striker.

Is it possible the Strikers were Baptist?  That could explain the lack of entries in Lutheran Books.

Jerry