[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German Naturalization prior to emigration

Mauricio Norenberg mauricio.norenberg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:11:11 PDT 2011

Dear list,

I heard that many Volhynians, when left that area, went to Germany and
re-naturalized as German Citizens before they went to the Americas.
One person whose ancestors went to Brazil at the same time as mine could
find naturalization records somewhere in Germany, and his family came from
Volhynia.

Apparently, families would leave Volhynia and sometimes would stay in
Germany for sometime before take the ship.
Others, with less resources could not do anything rather emigrate straight
away.

To take my ancestors as example, they left Bremen in 1908.
But how could I tell when they really left Volhynia? Are there any records?

Are there any records specifically for Germans who came from Russia\Volhynia
circa 1908?

Best regards

Mauricio
Wellington - New Zealand