[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Access problems - Online St. Petersburg Records - Official explanation

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 28 11:11:30 PDT 2011

Yes, you have to be an LDS member.  When you create your login, there is
 an option for public access and LDS member access.

Some people within the SGGEE organization will therefore still be able to view them online because they are LDS members.

Either the "decree" to limit access just came down in the last few days or they were having problems before in which anyone could see them but we were not supposed to.

It is important that to understand that this is not an internal LDS ruling but rather it is governed by their Russian source.  If they want to keep filming in Russian Archives, they will have to comply.

Jerry