[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] dombrowo

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 3 21:33:33 PDT 2011

There are at least 10 Dombrowa or variants in Volhynia known to have Germans living in them.  The actual spelling is Dabrowa where the first a has a diacritic hook under it that gives it an om sound.  Several are in the Lutsk region.

There are well over 200 Wolf births in Volhynia of which a few are in Dombrowa or similar.  If you can give us a time frame to work in and the names of your grandfather's parents, we might be able to help you track down which is the correct one.

Jerry