[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] dombrowo

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 4 09:22:53 PDT 2011

There are a lot of assumptions here! All of this might turn out to be true, or it could turn out to be a well-documented case of mistaken identity.

1. My first thought on Wolymin would be Wolomin, near Warsaw. Second thought would be Wolhynien.

2. He would have been two months shy of his 19th birthday when he made is solo voyage. An 18-year-old doing that alone would be highly unlikely (although not impossible). I would look in the manifest for someone older from the same village or an adjacent village.

3. Where did you find the manifest? It does not appear to be on the Library and Archives website. I could find the Hamburg list, but not the manifest.

4. The guy in the Oklahoma census is your guy, for sure? Have you looked at all of the available census returns that would show him? Namely, 1900 through 1930? First World War registration?

Dave Obee