[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Poles, Germans And Jews In The Grand Duchy Of Poznan In 1848: From Coexistence To Conflict | East European Quarterly | Find Articles at BNET

Richard Benert benovich at imt.net
Tue Sep 6 15:35:18 PDT 2011

In early August, the subject of the Revolutions of 1848 in Poland came up. Jerry and I both commented on the lack of an armed uprising in Congress Poland at that time.  I've just discovered  a short online article about an uprising in neighboring Prussian Poland which may have affected some of our ancestors since, as usual, Poles and Germans didn't share the same goals in a crisis.

I hope the link works.

Dick Benert
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_7063/is_3_33/ai_n28758576/?tag=mantle_skin;content