[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re Belchatow records; Petrich

Cathy Walters walters.cathy at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 07:10:50 PDT 2011

Hello Bernd, Have you tried the Poznan Project site of marriages?  If not, I would try that being Posen Germany in one of kreis's they were likely from.

Petrich families in our area lived in Olmsted & Wabasha county in Minnesota and belonged to the German Lutheran churches in Bremen , Trinity Lutheran church 1st and then Emmanueal Lutheran church, Potsdam,MN 2nd ( both in Olmsted County on the boarder of Wabasha county) Unfortunately the Trinity church books were in fire two times & Emmanual has no Centennial book-they are very-very small farm towns.  I have the Centennial books of Plainview,Minnesota- Immanual Lutheran & Elgin,Minnesota- Trinity Lutheran  both in Wabasha county .  Olmsted County Historical Society may be able to be of help & there is findagrave which does have Potsdam's cemetery on it.

( my fathers ancestors Mietzner , Fedder & Heyn of kreis Kolmar,Posen Germany & Rossin of kreis Mogilno,Posen Germany, used both of those old churches before using Plainview & Elgin churches.) If they are a part of your Petrich branch.   Cathy in Elgin,Minnesota

  ALWAYS A ROSE