[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Missing uncle

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Tue Sep 13 19:13:45 PDT 2011

Just on the off chance your Herman Grams ended up in the US, a quick seardh in Social Security Death Index.

http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi

There was a Herman Grams b. 1 Jan. 1897 died at age 73 in March 1970 in Sheboygan, WI.

However, if you're sure he stayed in Canada......

Saskatchewan death index is  only open after 70 years and none in their index fits

http://www.isc.ca/VitalStats/Genealogy/Pages/default.aspx

Alberta doesn't have a searchable index  You have to contact them and submit a request : http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/1175.cfm

BC's is excellent    http://search.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/sn-184A102/gbsearch/Deaths

http://saskgenealogy.com/databases.html     Saskatchewan Genealogy Society has a burial index and some obits indexed, but some are avlb only to members.

Ontario's is avlb on LDS microfilm  but only up to 1936.  Some of the index are on line at www.familysearch.org

https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&region=NORTH_AMERICA

Some Sask, AB and MB cities have newspapers with indexed obits but depends on the location.  Some universities may have defunct newspapers for obits (U. Manitoba has the Winnipeg  Tribune fonds   http://umanitoba.ca/libraries/units/archives/tribune/index.html
 1939-45 are digitized.

BC Cemeteries Finding Aid  http://bccfa.islandnet.com/homepage.html

Helen