[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Walrenfeld

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Wed Sep 14 03:09:18 PDT 2011

Am 05.09.2011 23:32, schrieb Art Schrot:
> I am wondering if anyone is familiar with the name "Walrenfeld". This is
> listed as my father's birthplace on his arrival documents in Quebec in 1923.
>
> I am unsure if it would have been in Volhynia or Germany.
>
> I am also trying to find the names Betke (my grandmother), Brenner (her
> sister's married name), Schrot (my grandfather) or Schultz (may have lived
> in Jatznik, Germany).

Hello Art,
Walrenfeld is definitely misspelled.
I propose either the tiny village Wagenfeld (91 inhabitants in 1933), Kreis Ortelsburg, East Prussia, see
www.kreis-ortelsburg.info/143/fotos01.htm , or the small town Wagenfeld (3118 inhabitants in 1890), Kreis Diepholz,
Lower Saxony.

The villages Wallenfelde and Wartenfeld in East Prussia cannot be considered since their names are Nazi-German
inventions of the late thirties (originally Wallullen resp. Kiauken).

Jatznik seems to be the community Jatznick (1747 inhabitants in 1925), Kreis Ueckermünde, Pomerania (now Kreis
Vorpommern-Greifswald, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern), see www.jatznick.de/gemeinde_05_01.html .

Günther