[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] (no subject)

Detlef Gutzmann detlef.gutzmann at tu-clausthal.de
Wed Sep 14 08:48:20 PDT 2011

Till the beginning of  WW I, Volhynia belonged to the
Russian empire, after 1914 situation depended on the
military situation.

As far as I know, from 1914 a lot of Volhynian Germans
were withdrawn from that region to the “kaukasian front”,
 in the sence of a military district (which must not mean
military fighting).

Russian and Ukrainian people told me, that a lot of people
leaved Russia via Odessa at about October-revolution time
and just before.

Detlef