[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Radom Area Communes

Gene Markiewicz genemarkiewicz at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 03:46:20 PDT 2012

Thank you Hannes,

These locations make sense and are consistent with other village names I
have for family, witnesses & etc all within 10km or so.  The terminology
still seems strange to me... in the majority of records the records just had
Heleno^w but in these two cases they named the community... As they had to
go to Radom to register births/etc, I don't know that a parish  existed in
any of these towns.  almost feels like they were saying Helenow was the
village but they lived in the township of Sarno^w or Oleksow.  It seems
consistent that whether colonists/settlers or tenants that they worked the
land as their livelihood.

Rose has offered to look at the scanned records so maybe the translation
will change a bit.

I'm beginning to feel like I know the neighborhood!

Eugene Markiewicz