[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Goring birth record

Gary Warner garyw555 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 10:53:14 PDT 2012

Marlene,

Further to my last email, I was too hasty in not looking more closely at
the first search per Item 3 below.

I went back and looked more carefully at the results of a search wherein
the only criteria was Ja for father's given name and Fr for mother's
given name.   Attached is the result (not sent to the list).   You will
see that this search gives more than we want to know, but it also caught
two more children- Friederike Gering, and Christina Goering.

One additional thing that I forgot to mention is sometimes you need to
completely discount the leading letter of any surname or given name.
That is especially true if the database is transliterated from Russian
into the Roman alphabet (look especially closely at names beginning with
G or H as they are interchangeable in Russian, and J, as there is no J
in Russian- usually changed to Y).   Also, since everyone' handwriting
is unique, you need to look carefully at names that begin with a P or a
B, as they sometimes look remarkably similar when written.   Other
script letters can also be confusing.

Gary Warner
SGGEE Databases Manager