[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Stakein refugee centre

Richard Benert benovich at imt.net
Wed Apr 25 19:28:11 PDT 2012

Emilie,

Upon further looking, I've found a village in far northeastern Slovakia
called, on a travel website, Stakein, but correctly called Stakcin. I have
no idea if there was ever a refugee center there, but the location surely
makes this seem possible, just a few miles across the border from Ukraine
or, at that time, Russia.  Records of the Austro-Hungarian government, or
maybe the Red Cross, might be of help in finding out if there was actually a
refugee center there.  Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Dick B.