[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Occupation Translation/Explanation

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Thu Aug 2 06:01:29 PDT 2012

    Thanks to the replies to my query, I have now a good idea what this family member 'did for a living'.  The Marsch family in the Grünberg area of Lower Silesia were engaged in a wide variety of occupations, e.g. gardeners, clerks of the court, inn keepers, teamsters, farmers and merchants to name a few, however the position of  'General-Pächter' was unique.

    John Marsch