[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Vistula Germans in West Prussia?

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 7 08:51:58 PDT 2012

Alan,

I think the term "Vistula Germans" generally applies to the German settlements within Russian Poland.  See for example http://www.upstreamvistula.org/

Of course there were Germans in settlements along the northern reaches of the Vistula in West Prussia as well.  Prussia was a Germanic country and numerous Germans lived there.

We do not have any Puch in our databases but there are quite a few Pusch which I would consider to be a variant spelling so I think the name is probably Germanic.

Jerry