[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] geography assistance: "Gruec"?

Michael Stockhausen michael.stockhausen.ff at web.de
Wed Aug 8 12:50:50 PDT 2012

You can find 1827 to 1877 here:

http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/853/0/6.1/str/1#tab2

Michael

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
From: Craig Schiller
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:19 PM
To: ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org
Subject: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] geography assistance: "Gruec"?

Another update: due to a death in the family, I've mostly put my work
on the back burner for the past week, but I'm getting back into it.

I have located the film number for the birth records from Grodziec, so
now I need to attempt to figure out what to *do* with that
information. Especially given that I'm about as fluent in Polish as I
am in Klingon, is there a form letter somewhere for submitting
properly formatted requests to the Polish Archives? Or is there
someone on here who has the language skills to write up a boilerplate
letter for me so that I can just pop in the details I'm looking for
and then send it off (and then translate for me if and when I get a
response?)

I'm completely baffled by this whole process, needless to say. But at
least I'm stubborn enough to stick with it anyway!

Craig