[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Order of Teutonic Knights

Edith McKelvy edies_hook at msn.com
Wed Aug 8 16:34:48 PDT 2012

Just wondering....Is there a listing of names somewhere of Teutonic Knights?  They were active in Prussia during the Middle Ages.  Wonder if names were ever recorded or, if so,  if records even survived.

Family story:  One of my maternal (VON) BRADE ancestors was a Teutonic Knight.

I know that family stories are embellished as time passes, but often contain a kernel of truth.

(My maternal grandfather was KARL CONRAD BRADE, living in Warsaw/Lesniakowizna area....no other information.  His father was KARL BRADE, who was “from Leipzig, Germany”...no other information.)

Edith Rimpel McKelvy
Silverdale WA
edies_hook at msn.com