[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] New Location Guidelines and New Gazetteers

MIKE MCHENRY maurmike1 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 11 09:03:19 PDT 2012

This link doesn't work http://sggee.org/research/GazetteerRussianEmpire.pdf

MIKE

-----Original Message-----
From: ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org
[mailto:ger-poland-volhynia-bounces at eclipse.sggee.org] On Behalf Of Gary
Warner
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 9:15 PM
To: ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org
Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] New Location Guidelines and New Gazetteers

Revised Location Guidelines and New Gazetteers Now Available

For both SGGEE members and also for non-members alike, we wish to advise
that the following are now posted on our website:

1.Location guidelines- the guide has been significantly revised to make
it clearer and simpler to use.The Empire designation, which was
previously used to signify areas of Poland and Volhynia where German
language records would most likely be found has now been revised to show
only the present-day country.The significance of the Empire areas is
still discussed, but the influence of the Empire areas is now limited in
the location name to the first mentioned village name, followed by the
village name now used in each country.See
http://sggee.org/research/locationguidelines.pdf

2.Location guidelines appendix- this continues to be an excellent tool
to implementing the location guidelines.See
http://sggee.org/research/location guidelinesappendix.pdf
<http://sggee.org/research/location%20guidelinesappendix.pdf>

3.Gazetteersare now available for:

Congress Poland- 5544 villages and towns

http://sggee.org/research/GazetteerPoland.pdf

German Empire- 3301 villages and towns
http://sggee.org/research/GazetteerGermanEmpire.pdf

Russian Empire- 1106 villages and towns