[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] gustav bachmann

Joyce Guasch jguasch at fastmail.net
Wed Aug 15 14:40:03 PDT 2012

Hi Thomas, We have already established that we are linked to my Gurke/Jesse family. Now you are into my Welke family. This is all good!

Lydia Welke is my first cousin, once removed. She married Gustav Bachmann. He is the son of Eduard Bachmann and Christine Fiemel. I found this information in the Lublin files. I do not have a brother listed for Gustav and I also found him in the MPD and figured it was from the EWZ files. Gustav Bachmann first married Wanda Welke in 1910, Lydia's sister. Wanda died in 1916 in Samara. He then married Lydia Welke in 1918.

I don't have any more information about him or any children. This does not mean that there is no information, it means I have not been researching. I see a number of siblings to Gustav in the Lublin birth records. Try that source. Wanda and Lydia had a younger sister whose name was Leokodia.

Joyce Welke Guasch

of Springfield, OR
Researching: Welke, Gurke, Beniamin
Ratz, Lentz, Zimmerman of East Poland