[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynia place name

K. Gallagher gallag.4gen at comcast.net
Thu Aug 30 19:59:02 PDT 2012

I would appreciate help with a place name in Volhynia.  One of my grandmother's cousins married a man of Czech extraction who came from Volhynia.  According to family tradition, they were born in the same place.  I have not been able to locate a record of hers with the name of her birthplace, but I have located his immigration record.  He is listed in the index of ellisisland.org under the name Viktor Marek.  He arrived on 22 MAY 1910 on the President Lincoln.  I think his last residence would be Zdolbuniv, but I can't make out the name of his birthplace.  Would it be Kulishi?   It might be a Czech version of a Polish name too, but I don't know that's the case either.  Can anyone see another possibility?