[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Nosowiecze

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Fri Aug 31 00:48:18 PDT 2012

Am 29.08.2012 19:59, schrieb heinrichrichter1 at aol.com:
> Hello list Members:
> An old photo of a farm in our family photo collection has the name  Nosowiecze 1931 written on the back. Also on the back, but in very different ink and handwriting is: Pauline Betker, Westfalen, Nr. 14, Westfalen, Kreis Herford. My mother and father lived in Nosowiecze at this time and until 1940 when they resettled to western Poland. My two older brothers were born in Nosowiecze and although my mother's maiden name was Betker I have been unable to make a connection with Pauline Betker in our family history. Although the information following Pauline Betker appears to be an address, I have had no luck finding such an address in Germany. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> Heinrich Richter

Hello Heinrich,
there must be something misunderstood in the address since "Westfalen Nr. 14" makes no sense. The Herford district
(Kreis Herford) instead is in the former Westfalen province (since 1945: Nordrhein-Westfalen). Under
www.verwaltungsgeschichte.de/herford.html you find the communities of the former Landkreis Herford, former Provinz
Westfalen, two of them with names that start with "West": *Westerenger *and *Westkilver* . There are several BETKER in
their invironment in the telephone register:

    Betker Paul
    Ratsherrenstr. 22
    49328 Melle - Riemsloh (8.9 km off Westkilver, 10.1 km off Westerenger)
    phone +49 5226 17693

    Betker W.
    Im Hohen Feld 16
    32051 Herford - Eickum (4.3 km off Westerenger, 17.8 km off Westkilver)
    phone +49 5221 32882

Can you anyway confirm the spelling "Westfalen Nr. 14"? Or can you send me a scan or photograph of the backside?

Günther