[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Westfalen migration (was: Re: Nosowiecze)

Christopher Menke chrismenke at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 31 02:02:29 PDT 2012

Norbert and Paul and list,

Here is one of my sources for explanation of German migrations into "Poland" in the 1600's. I am still looking for my source that stated Westfalen and Lower Saxony were sources of migrants. If you google the author (William W. Hagen), he appears to be pretty well researched and has written a book on Prussian life in Brandenburg.
I have found records of people with my last name in the Graudenz region as early as 1696. There were obviously substantial migrations of Lutheran Germans prior to the time you gave Paul, of 1770's. How else would you have so many Germans in the West Prussia and Netze Land Registers of 1772?

   Chris Menke