[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynia place name

Albert Muth albertmuth734 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 11:09:41 PDT 2012

I agree, that the last place of residence was Zdołbunów.  It is not
uncommon for Polish place-names beginning with a Z followed by
another consonant to have the Z absorbed by a preceding
preposition "z", meaning "of".  Zdołbunów is located at
50°31' N 26°15' E, about 11 km south of Równe.

The place of birth is Hulcza, sometimes known as Hulcza Czeska,
located about 9 miles further south.

Click on the following link to the area
http://igrek.amzp.pl/mapindex.php?cat=WIG100&ext=23,52,29,49&mark=26.5167,50.3333

Zdołbunów is on the Równe map (P46 S42).
Hulcza is on the map right below it, for Mizocz.

al