[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gustav Bekker (born 1859)

Freda Stobaugh freda.stobaugh at att.net
Tue Dec 4 20:53:37 PST 2012

After learning that my father's Godparents were Gustav Becker and Luise Adam I'm
wondering what relationship the Godparents were to my father.

My father -- Gustav Becker born 03/26/1897, in Nowin, Birth recorded in
Heimthal, county of Shitomir, government of Wolhynia.
My grandfather -- Wilhelm Becker born 1875 (?) in Poltawa, Russia (Poland ?)
Godparent -- Gustav Becker, having same name as my father, is listed as my
father's Godparent, along with Luise Adam. (would they have been married?)

I've located some information about the man I believe is the Godparent, and
surely they are related, but I do not know if the Godparent is an uncle or
other. At first I thought grandparent but he is only 16 years older than
Wilhelm.

On this page there is a Gustav Baker (original Backer) who is a land owner in
Nowin, Zhitomir in 1916. http://wolhynien.de/register/expropriation/nowin.htm

And here is a tombstone of possibly the same Gustav Bekker  born 11 April, 1859,
died 26 April 1927.
http://wolhynien.de/db/gr/tomb.php?vll=Dermanka&tomb=2

Does anyone have family information on Gustav Bekker (born 1859)?