[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] ANYTHING ON KEIHN FAMILY FROM POMERANIA OR HANNOVER

Jerry Frank franklyspeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 5 19:36:55 PST 2012

Hi Cecilia,

You are probably wondering why you didn't get a response to your first posting.  The problem is that our group focuses on Russian Poland and Volhynia (today northwestern Ukraine).  Neither of your locations fits the expertise to be found here so the possibility of a positive response is remote.

Your surname of Keihn and its many spelling variants are common in the German ethnic community throughout the world and your search will be difficult.  Pomerania is known as the "black hole" of genealogical records with most of them having been destroyed in WW II.

Sorry if you don't get anything positive from us.

Jerry Frank
Calgary, AB