[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] travel to Polish/Volhynian sites

Ken Kuhn kenkuhn at mts.net
Wed Dec 5 11:56:05 PST 2012

Rozyszche is about 20 km north of the small city of Lutzk (LucH) in Eastern Ukraine. We arranged a tour with the Ancestral Attic travel agency which specializes in Eastern Europe (just Google it). They also have an excellent genealogist who helps with locating birth, marriage, death, documents, etc. from the church records. They found about 18 records for us from locations in Poland and Ukraine. It was quite a thrill to see the birth record of my grandfather who came to Canada in 1890. We visited the small town of Rozyszche with a guide and located the church building where my great-great grandfather was married for a second time in 1876. The building has not been used as a church for a good number of years. All the German-speaking population left after the First or Second World wars. Unless you know the language, a guide is essential. We enjoyed Kiev very much and also there was a good hotel in Lutsk (and a small Lutheran church). I will be happy to share any more information that I can from our two-week Russian river cruise and two-week trek from Kiev to Warsaw.

Happy searching,

Ken Kuhn

Ken and Marie Kuhn
515 Headmaster Row