[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Weidners/Maslaki/Sompolno

Gordon Poley gpoles2 at cox.net
Thu Dec 27 17:51:10 PST 2012

 Greetings,

My maternal grandmother, Elmira Weidner, was born in the Maslaki/Sompolno/Konin area in 1885.  Her parents were Wilhelm Weidner and Emily(Emilie) Nickel(Nikel).  Wilhelm died in 1922 on the family farm in Kierz which Emily possibly inherited.  Wilhelm was an orphan and reportedly grew up in a religious orphanage not knowing his parents.
The only Wilhelm Weidner I have found was born in 1847 in Mielnica.  With the online Maslaki records and with the aid of the SGGEE databases and FHL films I have found his ancestor and sibling records.  This particular Wilhelm was orphaned at age 8.  There are several Emily Nickels in the records.  Without a marriage record and the birth records of their children I don’t know if I have the correct Wilhelm.  The children I know of are Gottlieb (1879), “Emma” (1881/1882), Henrietta (1883/1884), Elmira, Adolph(1890/1891), Emil (1894), Julius, and Ewald.  Henrietta, Julius, and Ewald all died in Poland.  The others all emigrated to the USA from 1896-1912

A Gustav Weidner (1873/1874) and another Adolf Weidner (1877) also came to the USA and were probably related.  I have searched the Konin records and some of the Sompolno records, as well as, assorted Catholic parishes, but have not found any useful Weidner records.  I believe I have been searching the Russian records properly but maybe not.

Unfortunately, the Maslaki records for the appropriate years are missing.

Does anyone have information about any Weidners for these years and locales; indices for Sompolno for 1863-1867 and/or 1872-1877; or know if there are indices of the Wilczyn records available?

Thanks in advance

Gordon Poley