[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] reference file systems

Lloyd Friedrick lloydfriedrick at telus.net
Fri Dec 28 13:53:27 PST 2012

Hello everyone

My Legacy data files on individuals contain pages of notes that one gathers from interviews, letters and various snippets of reference material.

Filing of hard copies of these is a chore for me. I would like to hear from others as to what sort of filing and cross references systems that you use.

At the present time, I have a series of ring binders with material sorted with individual names set up alphabetically. But, some of this material refers to many other individuals. Also, I have family correspondence, maps and pictures that are in a haphazard system of storage boxes.

Helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lloyd Friedrick in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada