[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Old Russian military maps of 1867-1875 and later

Frank Stewner dr.stewner at t-online.de
Wed Feb 1 13:40:24 PST 2012

I am happy to be able to announce that we are finally able to download old
Russian maps of the Russian empire. Gerhard Koenig informed about the link
to the Russian address:

<http://metalloiskateli-info.ru/starinnye-karty/voennaya-trexverstnaya-karta
/>
http://metalloiskateli-info.ru/starinnye-karty/voennaya-trexverstnaya-karta/

When you go down on that page you will first see two overview maps
indicating the positions of the maps and later the many links for the
download of the maps.

The first colony of Germans in Volhynia Annette can be found on map XXII
nucm 6. All colonies bear the addition K., Kol. or Koloniya before or after
the village name. You will find Kol. Anety, Koloniya Yuzefiny, Kol.
Natalindorf, Kol. Fridendorf and so on. It will be very interesting to
analyze which of the many colonies we know was mentioned on these maps and
is thus among the oldest.

Gerhard advised to take out the cross in the toolbar as otherwise that
Russian toolbar would be installed.

The maps have sizes from 10 to 20 MB, thus have pretty good quality.

Greetings from Hamburg

Frank (Stewner)