[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] volyania - siberia...1915-1916 trek

NELSON ITTERMAN colnels at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 6 22:01:53 PST 2012

You are quite correct George, many german residents were moved from the areas of Volhynia during WW1, My father was in the Russian Army in the Crimea, but my grandfather and his family were sent to the Caspian Sea because they were considered a liability. I have Brent Mai's book, and would do lookups but do not have it with me. I'm spending the winter months in Osoyoos, its warmer then Redwater. My family went to Volhynia from Koenigsburg in the 1830's but were always treated as germans. Many people died during the journey.
Nelson